Language Learning in Taiwan
Taiwan is the only place in the world where traditional Chinese writing (正體字) is widely taught and used. A mastery of traditional Chinese characters provides access to an enormous body of ancient Chinese literature, key to understanding the origins of Chinese culture.
The MOE Huayu Enrichment Scholarship Program (HES) is established by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to encourage international students to undertake Mandarin Chinese (Huayu) courses in the Republic of China (Taiwan); in order to provide them with opportunities to increase their understanding of Taiwanese culture and society, and to promote mutual understanding and interactions between Taiwan and the international community.
Huayu Enrichment courses will include a summer term (June and July or July and August), along with term classes, which may last 3, 6 or 9 months to a year respectively.
● Application Form for Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (Word)
● Application Form for Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (PDF)
● The Terms of Agreement of Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (PDF)
● General Regulation (Chinese Version PDF)
● General Regulation (English Version PDF)