● When to apply?
The yearly application period for Taiwan Scholarship Program is from February 1st through March 31st, unless specified otherwise.
● Where to apply?
Applicants who have a permanent address or are currently enrolled or have been enrolled within the past three years full-time in a university located in the following areas: Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, Hawaii, Caroline Islands, Guam, Marshall Islands, Mariana Islands, and American Samoa, please send all required documents to:
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) in Los Angeles
3731 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 770
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Attention: Ms. Emily Shen.
For applicants who are located outside of the above listed areas, please contact the designated Taiwan Representative Office in your area or in the nearest location. Check online for your Taiwan Representative Office's contact information.
● What materials are needed to apply?
The following documents are required before the application can be processed:
1. One copy of the completed Taiwan Scholarship application form.
2. One photocopy of passport or other nationality certificates.
3. One authenticated or sealed photocopy of the highest-level diploma and an official complete grade transcript. (How to authenticate your documents? Please check our Consular Service website or click here for more information).
4. A photocopy of admission application materials to universities/colleges in Taiwan (e.g., photocopies of application fee remittance, application form, receipt of application from universities/colleges, email confirmation).
5. Two recommendation letters, signed and sealed in envelopes (i.e. from the principals, professors, or supervisors). Photocopies and email submissions of letters of recommendation will not be considered.
6. A copy of a language proficiency certificate.
(1) For applications to undertake a program not completely taught in English: A copy of the Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language (TOCFL) test score report or certificate of Level 3 or above shall be submitted.
(2) For the applicant wants to undertake a program completely taught in English, the TOCFL requirement may be exempted. However, applicants who submit TOCFL certificate or test score report will be considered with priority.
7. A complete and signed Taiwan Scholarship Terms of Agreement.
Applications must be complete in full. All incomplete applications are ineligible for consideration, and persons submitting incomplete applications will be withdrawn from the selection process without further notice.
<< Back to Taiwan Scholarship