Huayu Scholarship Recipients Visa Application Procedure
The following information is intended for US citizens who live in Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico and Hawaii. If you reside outside of the above listed areas while applying for visa, please direct the application and inquiry to your local TECO's consular Office instead. Check online for the Taiwan Representative Offices’ contact information.
1. Recipients with scholarship period more than 6 months are eligible to apply for multi-entry Resident Visa
2. Recipients with scholarship period equal to or less than 6 months are eligible to apply for multi-entry Visitor Visa
Purpose of Stay: Study Chinese
● Residents in the following areas: Southern California, Arizona, and New Mexico.
a. Walk-in Service
1. Scholarship Certificate issued by Education Division of TECO in Los Angeles.
2. A certificate of admission issued by the Chinese language center.
3. A completed barcoded Visa Application printout.
4. A U.S passport valid for no less than six months.
5. Two 2x2-inch color photos with a plain color (white color recommended) background taken within the last six months.
6. Health Certificate* issued within the last three months, required only for Resident Visa application.
7. Visa processing fee of $160.00 (cash, money order, cashier's check or personal check)
A health certificate issued within the past three months by a licensed foreign hospital or clinic is required. The required items for examination are determined by the health authority. The certificate should be authenticated at a ROC Embassy, Consulate or Mission within the jurisdiction of the issuing agency. Please submit with “Application form for Authentication” and authentication fee is $15.
b. Mail-in Service
All the required documents are same as above.
1. Mailing Address:
Consular Service Division
TECO in Los Angeles
3731 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 700
Los Angeles, CA 90010
2. Postage** for returning passport and documents by express mail : US$19 (domestic only)
** The acceptable methods of payment are: money order, cashier's check or personal check made payable to TECO.
● Residents in Hawaii
Please contact the Consular Service Division of TECO in Hawaii for detailed information and assistance:
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Honolulu
2746 Pali Highway,
Honolulu, HI, 96817
*About Visitor Visa Extension
Good for any HuaYu scholarship recipient with above 3 months scholarship duration.
<< Back to Huayu Enrichment Scholarship