An applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Be an US citizen.
2. Be a high school graduate or above, have excellent academic performance in his/her most recent formal educational study experience, be of good moral character and not have any criminal records.
A person in any of the following categories is ineligible to apply:
1. An R.O.C. national (See Dual Nationality) or an overseas Chinese student.
2. A person who already has and is continuing to maintain student status at any university/college in Taiwan or who has already registered to begin studies at such a university/college. This restriction does not apply to a student who will be graduating after completing a degree that year. They may apply for a Taiwan Scholarship to pursue a higher degree.
3. A person who has already studied in Taiwan for a degree at the same level as the one in which they currently intend to enroll.
4. An exchange student or dual/joint degree student who has been admitted to a university/college in Taiwan in accordance with an academic cooperation agreement between that university/college and an overseas university/college.
5. A person who has already been a Taiwan Scholarship recipient for a total of five years.
6. A person who has ever previously had their Taiwan Scholarship or MOE Huayu Enrichment Scholarship revoked.
7. A person who has received any other scholarship or subsidy from any Taiwan Government institution (organization) or any education institution in Taiwan, apart from any subsidies provided for a Taiwan Scholarship recipient by their university/college to cover the outstanding amount if the total amount of their tuition and other fees exceeds the scholarship limit.
8. A person who hold Alien Permanent Resident Certificate.
Please note, applicants must apply directly to the university/college for admission within the application deadline. Each university/college sets its own application deadline.
<< Back to Taiwan Scholarship