Taiwan Scholarship Recipients Visa Application Procedure
The following information is intended for US citizens who live in Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico and Hawaii. If you reside outside of the above listed areas while applying for visa, please direct the application and inquiry to your local TECO's consular service office instead. Check online for the Taiwan Representative Offices’ contact information.
Visa Category: Multi-entry Resident Visa
Purpose of Stay: Pursuing degree in Taiwan
● Residents in the following areas: Southern California, Arizona, and New Mexico.
A. Walk-in Service
1. Taiwan Scholarship Certificate issued by the Education Division of TECO in Los Angeles.
2. An acceptance letter issued by the college for bachelor/master/PhD degree study.
3. A completed barcoded Visa Application printout.
4. A U.S passport valid A U.S passport valid for no less than six months.
5. Two 2x2-inch color photos with a plain color (white color recommended) background taken within the last six months.
6. Health certificate* issued within the last three months.
7. Visa processing fee is waved for Taiwan Scholarship recipients.
*Health Certificate: A health certificate issued within the past three months by a licensed foreign hospital or clinic is required. The certificate should be authenticated at a ROC Embassy, Consulate or Mission within the jurisdiction of the issuing agency. Please submit with "Application form for Authentication" and authentication fee is $15.
B. Mail-in Service
● All the required documents are the same as above.
Please use the following mailing Address:
Consular Service Division
TECO in Los Angeles
3731 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 700
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Postage** for returning passport and documents by express mail: US$19.00 (domestic only)
** TECO Consular Service office only accepts money order, cashier's check or personal check made payable to TECO. Please do not send cash if you are mailing the documents.
● Residents in Hawaii
Please contact the Consular Service Division of TECO in Hawaii for detailed information and assistance:
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Honolulu
2746 Pali Highway,
Honolulu, HI, 96817
<< Back to Taiwan Scholarship